Davis Funeral Home
Funeral Director / Embalmer
Our Family of Local Funeral Homes consists of Bartlett, Browning, Bolyard, Burke, Davis, Dorsey, Greathouse, Morgan, and Affordable Funeral Homes with onsite crematory along with pet funeral home and crematory. – A progressive, independently-owned group of nine funeral homes, serving over 800 families each year – is located in an area of North Central West Virginia.
With continued growth and expansion, we are seeking professionally motivated Funeral Directors, and high potential Funeral Director Interns, for career positions. If you are passionate about your work and possess a strong work ethic; have the ability to interact productively within a team as well as accept individual responsibilities, and, are motivated by providing a level of service and care that consistently exceeds customers’ expectations, we are interested in talking with you.
As a part of our team, you will be involved in all aspects of funeral service. Interacting directly with our Client Families, the Funeral Director is responsible for building the relationship and delivering the service and experience that captures, acknowledges and shares the life purpose of their loved one. This includes making all arrangements, handling all aspects of the service and ensuring that each family receives a flawless and meaningful experience.
We are looking for a long-term fit with people who possess a demonstrated ability of working as a team player and achieving positive results. Attitude and commitment are more important to us than the number of years worked in the industry.
- Meet with client families to arrange appropriate, personalized and meaningful services
- Ensure proper paperwork is completed in a timely and accurate manner – in accordance with relevant laws and regulations
- Coordinate and direct funeral services regularly
- Present every client family with all service and merchandise options
- Work on-call/first call, in rotation with other team members
- Direct team members participating in services, ensuring that each member of the team understands their individual role and is professionally representing the company
- Provide appropriate care and preparation for deceased: embalming, dressing, cosmetics, sanitary care, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Accredited Mortuary School Graduate
- Successful completion of the National Board exam
- Current West Virginia Funeral Director Licensee – or ability to reciprocate in 90 days
- Insurance License preferred or willing to get licensed within six months.
- Clean Driving Record
- Physically capable of lifting, pushing and pulling
Personal & Professional Attributes of a Successful Candidate:
- Team Player
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal & written)
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to Problem Solve
- Capable of scheduling time wisely and working independently
- Must be willing to live within 30 minutes of our locations
Our Great Compensation and Benefits Include:
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus and Incentive Compensation Plans
- Relocation / Sign-on Bonus
- Vacation and Paid Time Off to support a good work/life balance
- To learn more about the unique opportunities we have available, please reply with your resume. We value diversity and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Required licenses or certifications:
- Certified Crematory Operator or ability to earn
- WV Funeral Director License or ability to reciprocate within 90 days
- WV Insurance License or ability to get licensed in six months.
Davis Funeral Home
124 Olen Thomas Drive
Clarksburg, WV 26301