Mountain View Funeral Home
Overview: Assistant Chapel Location Manager
MOUNTAIN VIEW FUNERAL HOME
$3,000 SIGN-ON BONUS AND RELOCATION!!!
If you are exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this opportunity is for you! Voted one of 2022's Top Workplaces, we are changing the culture of our profession in a positive way and we want you to be a part of it.
Why Work at Mountain View:
• Mountain View is the premiere combination Cemetery & Funeral Home location, in Pierce County. It is where Tacoma goes to remember!
• At Mountain View we know passion creates meaningful action. If you have a passion for serving people – Mountain View is for you!
• We understand the gravity of Loss and Respect the emotions that families face & we sensitively guide them to a place of comfort & relief.
• As an organization we strive to put ourselves into the shoes of our client families.
• We care for the departed, comfort the living & help families plan for the future.
• Mountain View is the premiere combo location funeral home in Pierce County
• Tacoma is nestled against Commencement Bay and the South Puget Sound with sweeping views of Mt. Rainier.
• The Tacoma waterfront boasts an array of public art pieces including ART at Point Ruston and Tacoma's Museum Row in downtown.
• The South Puget Sound area has some of the hiking trails and outdoor activities in North America.
• You would have waterfalls & rainforest, national parks within day trips and short drives.
• The Pacific Northwest hosts one of the most desirable, natural and beautiful living spaces of anywhere in North America.
Employment at Mountain View is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the culture, to change yours.
We are seeking a Assistant Chapel Location Manager. This position will be responsible for directing and leading funeral home operations including selecting, training, and motivating location staff to assure delivery of service is above and beyond client expectations. The successful candidate will have strong planning, organizational and time management skills, as well as, previous management experience.
• Ensure facilities and equipment are clean, well maintained and in safe working order
• Develop and maintain community connections to establish a community referral network
• Plan events such as holiday events, state memorial days, visit community places (Churches, Hospitals, Nursing Homes or Community Centers)
• Continue development of business acumen by reading trade publications and books to improve skills
• Ensure sales counselors are able to receive advice and leads for events
• Plan market growth to include a comprehensive public relations program
• Develop passive lead generation opportunities and marketing strategies such as advertising
• Builds and maintains relations with local cemeteries and memorial grounds
• Lead and develop a cooperative team environment that is respectful, communicative, accountable and service oriented
• Monitor and assess performance of oneself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
• Manage, coordinate and oversee embalming, dressing, casketing and preparation of human remains
• Coordinate staff assistance with locations for services, visitations or identification viewings as business needs warrant
• Maintain compliance for state board and county health inspections
• Conduct all ongoing training and safety classes including formaldehyde testing as required annually and staff meetings on a regular basis
• Manage At-Need accounts receivables
• Monitor and maintain proper merchandise inventory and supply levels as business needs warrant
• Establish proper maintenance schedule for vehicles to ensure operational dependability and professional appearance
• Regularly monitors office procedures to ensure all financial guidelines are being followed
• 5+ years of experience in related field
• 2+ years of management or leadership experience, funeral profession preferred
• Must posses active Funeral Director License, as required by State & local regulations
• Excellent customer relations and actively looking for ways to help others
• Professional communication and effective leadership skills
Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities that await for you here. To be considered for this opportunity, click the Apply Now link on this page, or confidentially email your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of this job along with the location name for which you are applying in your email. We can't wait to speak with you about the incredible reasons why you'll love it here!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/
Mountain View Funeral Home
4100 Steilacoom Blvd. SW.
Lakewood, WA 98499