Jeffersonville & Louisville
Come visit us in beautiful Jeffersonville, Indiana, with easy access to nearby Louisville.
Mid-America College of Funeral Service, 3111 Hamburg Pike, Jeffersonville, IN 47130
National Board Exam
Upon completion of all graduation requirements from the funeral service programs at Mid-America College of Funeral Service, there is generally an expectation that the graduate plans to pursue licensure. Many states have eligibility requirements for licensure that are contingent upon completing and successfully passing the National Board Examination (NBE). Pierce Colleges encourages each graduate to schedule and take the NBE as soon as possible following graduation.
Honoring Graduates for Successfully Passing the NBE
For the graduate who sits for and passes the National Board Examination on the first attempt, Pierce Colleges would like to honor your success! A $250 award will be given to a graduate who has completed the following:
- Sit for the exam within 60 days of your graduation date; AND
- Pass both portions of the exam on your first attempt. AND
- Submit to your college the results from The International Conference of Funeral Service Examining Boards demonstrating your passing status for both the Arts and Sciences sections.
NBE Application Procedure
- Submit the NBE registration application electronically and pay online. The Conference accepts payment via
- Paypal account;
- Visa or Mastercard; or by
- Submitting your NBE registration application via mail with a cashier’s check or money order after downloading the NBE Printable Application.
- Certification of eligibility to sit for the exam will be sent by the College once you have passed all comprehensive exams and have earned a 75 or higher cumulative average for your coursework.
- The Conference will certify your eligibility to sit for the NBE and add your name to the master list. Allow 2 business days for them to relay your information to Pearson Vue. Once you have been declared eligible to sit for the exam, you will be considered eligible from that point forward for the purpose of retaking the exam.
- Contact Pearson Vue to schedule your exam. 1-800-709-0180. For more information:
- Schedule your exams. You will schedule a time for the ARTS portion and a time for the SCIENCE portion.
- Test centers hours vary. You may need to schedule an exam for different days. Locate a Test Center.
- You will receive your Graduation Degree/diploma once the College has been notified of your exam completion of both sections.
National Board Exam Results
Once National Board Exam scores are validated and completion of mortuary science education has been verified, candidates will be able to access their results electronically through the Pearson VUE account they created prior to scheduling. Detailed instructions for the retrieval of pass/fail information will be provided to candidates via e-mail once the reports have been posted. The pass/fail notification is not given immediately following the examination.
Register for the National Board Exam
National Board Exam Overview
2014 Fee Change Notification and Update Form
NBE Candidate Handbook
Submit Your Registration Application
NBE Frequently Asked Questions
Order The National Board Exam Study Guide
Order The Practice National Board Exam
ADA Accommodation Request Form
Locate A Test Center
Schedule Your Examination
Verification of National Board Exam
State Board Examination
State Licensing Requirements