Jeffersonville & Louisville
Come visit us in beautiful Jeffersonville, Indiana, with easy access to nearby Louisville.
Mid-America College of Funeral Service is dedicated to providing quality education through transformative experiences and applied training to prepare leaders in the funeral service profession.
- Social Security Administration
- State Boards of Mortuary Science and Funeral Service
- State Approval for Veteran Training
- State Approval for Vocational Rehabilitation Training
- The Indiana Funeral Directors Association
- The Funeral Directors Association of Kentucky
- Ottawa University - Indiana, Jeffersonville, Indiana
- Argosy University
In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (P.L. 88-32) we accept students without regard to race, color, sex, creed, disability, or national origin.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Explain the importance of funeral service professionals in developing relationships with the families and communities they serve.
- Identify standards of ethical conduct in funeral service practice.
- Interpret how federal, state, and local laws apply to funeral service in order to ensure compliance.
- Apply the principles of public health and safety in the handling and preparation of human remains.
- Demonstrate technical skills in embalming and restorative art that are necessary for the preparation and handling of human remains.
- Demonstrate skills required for conducting arrangement conferences, visitations, services, and ceremonies.
- Describe the requirements and procedures for burial, cremation, and other accepted forms of final disposition of human remains.
- Describe methods to address the grief-related needs of the bereaved.
- Explain management skills associated with operating a funeral establishment.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills and research skills needed for funeral service practice