Jeffersonville & Louisville
Come visit us in beautiful Jeffersonville, Indiana, with easy access to nearby Louisville.
National Board Exam
Upon completion of all graduation requirements from the funeral service programs at Mid-America College of Funeral Service, there is generally an expectation that the graduate plans to pursue licensure. Many states have eligibility requirements for licensure that are contingent upon completing and successfully passing the National Board Examination (NBE). Pierce Colleges encourages each graduate to schedule and take the NBE as soon as possible following graduation.
NBE Application Procedure
- Submit the NBE registration application electronically and pay online. The Conference accepts payment via
- Paypal account;
- Visa or Mastercard.
- Certification of eligibility to sit for the exam will be sent by the College once you have passed all comprehensive exams and have earned a 75 or higher cumulative average for your coursework.
- The Conference will certify your eligibility to sit for the NBE and add your name to the master list. Allow 2 business days for them to relay your information to Pearson Vue. Once you have been declared eligible to sit for the exam, you will be considered eligible from that point forward for the purpose of retaking the exam.
- Contact Pearson Vue to schedule your exam. 1-800-709-0180. For more information:
- Schedule your exams. You will schedule a time for the ARTS portion and a time for the SCIENCE portion.
- Test centers hours vary. You may need to schedule an exam for different days. Locate a Test Center.
- You will receive your Graduation Degree/diploma once the College has been notified of your exam completion of both sections.
National Board Exam Results
Test-takers will receive a pass/fail results report immediately following completion of the exam at the test center. Numerical scores are not given, however, unsuccessful candidates will receive a Performance Feedback Chart, indicating your performance in each content area. Per Conference policy, NBE scores are only released to state boards for licensure purposes only.
National Board Examination pass rates, graduation rates, and employment rates for this and other ABFSE-accredited programs are available at www.abfse.org in the Directory of Accredited Programs.
Register for the National Board Exam
National Board Exam Overview
NBE Candidate Handbook
Submit Your Registration Application
NBE Frequently Asked Questions
Order The National Board Exam Study Guide
Order The Practice National Board Exam
ADA Accommodation Request Form
Locate A Test Center
Schedule Your Examination
State Board Examination
State Licensing Requirements