Greenwood Memorial Park
Overview: Funeral Arranger
Are you searching for a rewarding career with a path for advancement? Do you love customer service, but wish you did work that really mattered?
Greenwood Memorial Park & Mortuary has served the greater San Diego Community for over 100 years. At Greenwood, you have the opportunity to make a difference during the most difficult time in people's lives. Located at the 805 South & Imperial Ave., we're surrounded by diversity and cultures of all faiths. We are proud to have a staff that is just as diverse as our beautiful city. As a Greenwood Funeral Services Assistant, you will learn the customs of various cultures and how each faith celebrates the life of a loved one lost.
Greenwood Memorial Park & Mortuary is searching for a passionate and innovative person to join our team as a Funeral Services Assistant. Why is this opportunity for you?
• Meaningful work with a great opportunity for advancement for those that desire
• Greenwood is one of the largest funeral homes in Sand Diego and is still growing
• Part of the historic Community of San Diego, surrounded by Beautiful Bays & Balboa Park
• Passionate and supportive team environment
Employment at Greenwood Memorial Park & Mortuary is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives of others with the culture, to change yours.
We are seeking a Funeral Arranger for Greenwood Memorial Park. This position will be responsible for managing all phases of the funeral arrangement including the removal of the deceased, as well as selecting and setting up funeral services to final disposition. The successful candidate will have a current license in the applicable state, knowledge of current regulations related to the funeral industry and professional communication and leadership skills.
• Conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional and caring manner
• Carry out funeral services from retrieval of the deceased to final disposition
• Assist in the maintenance of the facilities, grounds and vehicles
• Ensure that all federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry are followed
• Prepare the memorial area for the family before the services start
• Ensure that flowers and other memorabilia are returned to the family after services
• Maintain reverence and respect for the deceased at all times
• Train all staff and strictly enforces all logging, identification, casketing and cremation procedures
• Current certification if required by state regulations
• 1+ years of funeral industry experience
• Professional communication skills
• Experience handling sensitive situations in a professional manner
• Understanding of the services and products available
• Knowledge of current federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry
Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities that await for you at Greenwood Memorial Park Mortuary. To be considered for this opportunity, click the Apply Now link on this page, or email your resume confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of this job along with the location name for which you are applying in your email. We can't wait to speak with you about the incredible reasons why you'll love it here!
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/OaRdLWcDDNpJahBOaI2zRY
Greenwood Memorial Park
4300 Imperial Avenue
San Diego, CA 92113