NSMG Home Office, TX
Overview: Service Desk Manager
At NorthStar Memorial Group, we choose collaboration over bureaucracy. Here, everyone has a chance to lead. We encourage & empower our people at every level to speak up, be heard, and watch their ideas become realities. Degreed & non-degreed professionals, labor workers, industry experts – people from all career and experiential backgrounds have the opportunity to find a home here.
NorthStar Memorial Group (NSMG) is looking for an IT Service Desk Manager to manage internal desktop support and service desk team. The Service Desk Manager will work closely with IT groups, other departments, and external vendors to ensure the highest level of quality support possible is provided. The service desk is open Monday through Friday 7am – 7pm, and on Saturday from 8am – 5pm.
• Monitor and ensure key department metrics are aligned and achieved with company business objectives by setting individual and team goals for department performance.
• Identify service trends and proactively drive ticket volume and client issues down.
• Manage InTune MDM. Standardize workstation configuration and management.
• Automate account on-boarding on off-boarding using PowerShell or Fresh Service workflows.
• Work hand in hand with the Infrastructure team to implement an updated monitoring and alerting system.
• Work closely with the development and infrastructure team to transition new systems and software applications to the service desk for support.
• Provide complete support for computers, applications, peripherals, eFax, hotspots, and mobile devices.
• Develop and manage Tier 1 and 2 support processes and documentation.
• Manage Tier 1 support and response to outages and degradations.
• Provide Tier 1 and 2 support for network, systems, circuits, and phones.
• Provide strong technical guidance to staff in troubleshooting, efficient resolution and act as a technical escalation as needed to help resolve client support issues.
• Coordinate training and orientation of new technology for user base.
• Lead the selection, hiring and retention of qualified support team members to maintain staffing levels as needed in department.
• Develop annual budget for computer system and application replacements.
• Asset inventory and procurement.
• Establishes relationships with technology and component vendors
• Manage service desk projects – rollouts of new computer systems, upgrades of EDR systems, office moves, and similar projects.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
• High level of experience with Windows operating systems and computer hardware and peripherals
• Experience troubleshooting network outages. General understanding of networks, WANs, LANS, and VPNs required.
• Experience supporting computer users in multiple locations across multiple time zones
• NOC experience is a plus
• General knowledge of Windows servers, network infrastructure, and phone systems
• Preference will be given to applicants who are bilingual in English/Spanish
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to travel periodically (California, Florida, Hawaii, Tennessee, Ohio, Illinois, Oklahoma, Washington); travel expectation less than 10%
• General project management skills
Education / Experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years of progressive experience in Information Technology managing support staff
• ITIL experience strongly preferred
• Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician Certification
• A+ and/or Network + certification
Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities that await for you at NorthStar Memorial Group. To be considered for this opportunity, click the Apply Now link on this page, or confidentially email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of this job along with the location name for which you are applying in your email. We can't wait to speak with you about the incredible reasons why you'll love it here!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/LYkQ5qc2O6geATyxecZjKD
NSMG Home Office, TX
1900 St. James Place, Suite 300
Houston, TX 77056